Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Squads

Through a combination of busyness and post-busyness laziness, I haven't been posting much; sorry about that. The big thing I missed, of course, is the announcement of everyone's World Cup squad on Monday. Socceramerica provides a helpful combined list.

I'm still too lazy to blog about all of them, and besides I want to go watch the Champions League final in a few minutes. So here are the stories as I see them:

Germany included veterans Jens Novotny and unknown (well, to me at least) David Odonkor.

Spain left out Morientes, which, if you've seen any Liverpool game this season, is not even slightly surprising.

Poland dropped Jerzy Dudek, so I won't be continually freaked out by the fact that he looks exactly like a guy I know (If you're reading, Michele, it's your husband.) They also didn't bring top scorer Tomasz Frankowski.

Italy included Gianluigi Buffon, despite the fact the waters of scandal are swirling around his jockstrap and rising.

No comments: