Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Working class dog

So normally, what I would do with these friendlies is set the home recording equipment and watch them after work. Unfortunately, the circumstances of my employment right now involve me being away from home for the work week. And this weekend, I'll be attending a conference. So frustratingly, I won't be able to watch US-Poland, England-Uruguay, and Mexico-Ghana until Sunday. Sigh. I'll be posting my thoughts about those games then, and posting ill-informed opinions based on match reports until then.

It looks like the big story today will be the weather: it's freezing pretty much all over central and eastern Europe. And you have to wonder what was going on in the minds of the Brazilian federation when they agreed to play in Russia in March. It won't feel too much like Sao Paolo.

No comments: