Monday, February 27, 2006

Hey, they laughed at Aime Jacquet too!

Zidane thinks that an older than dirt France squad will win the World Cup. Some fun quotes from his L'Equipe interview....

"We are not going to play a World Cup just for the pleasure of taking part. I don't know if we'll win it but we can make it, I'd stake my life on it," he added.

Staking one's life on a potentiality isn't much of a risk. I'd stake my life that it's possible Trinidad could win the cup, but I wouldn't stake a dime on them actually doing so.

"I'm 33, I'll be 34 in Germany. When one has won the World Cup and lost it four years later, winning it back is an magnificent and imperious obligation."

What the hell? I really hope that "an magnificent and imperious obligation" is the result of a close encounter with a Babelfish translator.

"You know, I did not come back to play the clown," said the Real Madrid star.

Shame. Zidane would have definitely been the sad clown.

No comments: